Metallurgical Engineer, Quality
Cleveland-Cliffs is looking to hire a Metallurgical Engineer for the Coatesville location. The following primary position responsibilities and key position requirements are intended to provide an overview of the position, but no all-inclusive.
As a Metallurgical Engineer at Cleveland-Cliffs, you can expect to see your work everywhere; the steels you work with every day are used in building nations. Ideal candidates enjoy hands-on, challenging, family-like environments and are looking for opportunities to develop further in their career.
- Ensure compliance with safety, quality, and environmental standards.
- Process the ability to work effectively within a team environment, utilizing clear and effective communication skills.
- Provide metallurgical and technical support for product and process improvement through data analysis, problem solving, expertise in area of responsibility, metallurgical and mechanical concepts, and knowledge of customer operations and markets.
- Monitor product and process variability and performance to standards.
- Meet with representatives of customers / processors to provide innovative solutions to quality and reliability issues and provides customers with timely warranty solutions.
- Recommend new technology to satisfy changing customer and marketplace demands.
- Participate in management of material flow through disposition of distressed material in accordance with customer and internal standards and business imperatives.
- Participate in the order design & order entry systems – approving incoming new orders, setting product capabilities, changing/improving existing order process designs, creating/following product trials.
- Provide technical solutions to internal and external customers by understanding manufacturing and product capability.
- Work closely with operations, engineering, maintenance, and other technical resources to drive results.
- Communicate with upstream and downstream operations and non-Cleveland-Cliffs contractors to coordinate work, deliveries, and service.
- Various other duties, as needed, to support the business.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Metallurgy or related field
- Proven communication (verbal and written), analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be able to work in a hot, dusty environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience in materials manufacturing, preferably metals.
- Demonstrated success in defining and resolving problems.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment.
If a candidate needs an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, he or she may call 610-383-2000, or email CandidateRequest-USA@arcelormittal.com to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland-Cliffs is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.