Shift Manager, Rolling Operations
Cleveland-Cliffs is looking to hire a Shift Manager, Rolling for the Coatesville location. The manager is responsible for safety, quality, production, and cost control of the Rolling operations.
As a Shift Manager at Cleveland-Cliffs, you can expect to see your work everywhere; the steels you work with every day are used in building nations. Ideal candidates enjoy hands-on, challenging, family-like environments and are looking for opportunities to develop further in their career.
- Support environmental activity, continuous improvement, and corporate initiatives (KMPs, TCOs, and Roundtables).
- Identify and manage activities necessary to maintain equipment to tightest industry standards, enabling the production of the highest quality steel used in demanding applications.
- Oversee maintenance and repair of the operating equipment on a turn basis to ensure maximum facility utilization and productivity.
- Manage hourly personnel.
- Assist in Rolling’s training program.
- Safety, order supplies and equipment.
- Maintain an active housekeeping program to ensure a safe, clean, and productive facility.
- Communicate with outside departments within the plant and in other ArcelorMittal facilities to ensure a continuous operational flow.
- Investigate operational and technical issues, lead troubleshooting activities, resolve problems, and thoroughly document activities on a turn basis.
- Thoroughly understand equipment capabilities and limitations as related to product quality, facility productivity, cost of operation, and overall reliability.
- Meet with Bargaining Unit Representatives on a regular basis to coordinate corporate, contractual, and departmental policies.
- Communicate plans and set goals for the crews.
- Two-year technical or supervisory degree, or high school diploma with significant experience.
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience.
- Available to work rotating shifts, including weekends and holidays, in a multi-level organization that operates 24/7, and work extended hours as needed.
- Self-motivated with minimal direction required for day-to-day operations.
- Proven team building skills, works well with others of diverse backgrounds, and able to motivate others.
- Proven communication (verbal and written), analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be able to work in a hot, dusty environment. Climbing stairs, ladders, and walking inclines. Able to work/walk safely on uneven surfaces. Able to work outdoors in all weather.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supervision, technology, or related discipline.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience in steel mill, manufacturing, process, production or equivalent facility.
- Successful track record working with a represented workforce in a heavy industrial setting.
- Knowledge of safety and health policies including key components of the OSHA regulations ASTM specifications.
If a candidate needs an accommodation to complete any part of the application process due to a disability or medical condition, he or she may call 610-383-2000, or email CandidateRequest-USA@arcelormittal.com to communicate your accommodation request. Do not email your application materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this email address will not be considered.
Cleveland Cliffs is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.